Be compliant with the new Radio Equipment Directive
Ensure your product is compliant with the new Radio Equipment Directive!
The Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU became effective from 13th June 2016 with a 1 year transition period and replaces the Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment (RTTE) Directive 1999/5/EC.
The main impact of the change is that broadcast receivers are now under the scope of the RED whereas they were previously excluded from RTTE.
This means From June 13th 2017 EU equipment must meet the essential requirements of RED to be sold in EU member states and the European Economic Area.
CE marking can be used on equipment that has fulfilled the RED requirements. In order to demonstrate this, a range of new ETSI standard have been developed which manufacturers must test against.
Other main differences between RED and RTTE include:
· Market surveillance activities will be increased to ensure that non-compliant products are more easily identified and quickly removed from the market;
· Increased emphasis on efficient use of spectrum, in particular by improving radio receiver requirements.
DTG Testing is now offering testing against the new ETSI requirements set out below:
- EN 303 340 – Broadcast TV receivers
- EN 303 345 – Broadcast radio receivers
- EN 303 354 – Amplifiers and active antennas
- EN 303 372 (part 2) – Satellite receivers (indoor)
Benefits of testing at DTG
· This allows manufacturers to complete their Declaration of Conformity and use the CE mark;
· In turn this will ensure products can be sold throughout Europe;
· DTG Testing is a UKAS ISO/IEC 17025 accredited testing laboratory, signifying our competence and demonstrating our commitment to consistently produce reliable results;
· Testing can be scheduled to suit your requirements or completed in conjunction with D-Book testing;
· Testing is cost-effective and results are provided the next working day.
To book a product test please submit the online booking form.